Fire breaks out at hardware shop in Thane's main market and in Mahim's Naya Nagar

January 21, 2020

Two separate incidents of fire — one in Thane and another in Mahim took place in the city on Monday morning.

In Mahim, a fire broke out in godowns at the Naya Nagar area.

The wooden planks and a soft drinks godown were completely gutted in the fire. Owners have suffered a loss of nearly Rs 3 lakh.

Fortunately, no casualty was reported in the incident.

Another incident of fire took place in a ground plus one-storey hardware shop in Thane city at around 6.15 am.

The shop was located in the main market area on the station road. Three fire engines and security personnel were rushed to the spot and the flames were doused within an hour.

No casualty was reported in the mishap, however, electric hardware items in the shop were completely damaged.
Fire at hardware shop in Thane market.

"The shop, where home automation and electric hardware items were kept, was totally gutted in the blaze. There was no casualty," said Thane Municipal Corporation's regional disaster management cell chief Santosh Kadam.

To Know More About Latest Thane City News Visit

Source :