Access to world class healthcare is critical. But equally important is the kind of care a patient receives. Bethany Hospital believes, medical care is not a business, but a call to serve. A call to serve you and your loved ones with compassion.
In the nineties, Mumbai had few hospitals and fewer multi-speciality hospitals. To provide affordable modern healthcare to the people of Thane regardless of their financial or social status, Dr. Stephen Alfred MS. (Bom.), FRCS (Edin.), FRCS (Glasg.) as Managing Trustee of Bethany Trust spearheaded the effort to fulfill this vision.
The dream turned to reality with the setting up of Lok Hospital in February 1997.
To help serve all better, Bethany Trust, that owns and manages Lok Hospital, unveiled a comprehensive new world class healthcare facility that combines compassion with the finest in diagnostic and therapeutic technology. Bethany Hospital, a 125-bedded multi-specialty hospital, became operational in June 2011.
At the heart of the 8-storeyed structure is the same belief that undergirded the ethos of Lok Hospital - life is a precious gift of God and deserves our utmost attention.
Bethany Hospital has put together surgical and clinical expertise of very high quality. This 125-bed, centrally air-conditioned hospital is fully equipped for world-class patient-centred medical and surgical services. It houses a state-of-the-art 24-hour trauma center with an operation theatre attached. Outpatient rooms and the latest diagnostic equipment including the cutting-edge Siemens 1.5 Tesla MRI Scanner, Multi-slice spiral CT-Scan, an ICU, NICU , a 5-bed High Dependency Unit (HDU), delivery suite, dialysis room and state-of-the-art pathology, two modular Operation Theatres on par with Mumbai city’s finest and a host of well-appointed wards.
To complement what will be one of the main areas of focus for Bethany – high quality cancer treatment - the hospital has in place the latest Varian Linear Accelerator. Considering that only few other hospitals in Mumbai have this facility, it will offer patients in and around Thane city the best in radiation oncology.
Certifications and Accreditation :
Certified by National Accreditation Board for Hospital & Healthcare providers
Bethany Hospital Services :
The In-patient Departments is broadly classified into:
- ICU - The ICU on the third floor is a 12-bed unit that offers the latest in technology and critical care. Professionally trained staff is on board to provide highly focused nursing care to the medical, cardiac, pulmonary and surgical patients who are seriously ill and require constant monitoring and specialized care and treatment. The second floor is also provided with a step down ICU or a High Dependency Unit (HDU), for patients who may no longer require intensive care but are not healthy enough to be shifted to the wards.
- NICU - Prematurely born babies, too small and sick to go home, face severe risk of medical complications. The 12-bedded Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit, on the second floor of the hospital, provides these newborns neo-natal diagnostic and supportive care.
- HDU - The High Dependency Unit on the 2nd floor accommodates 5 patients who do not need intensive care but are not yet capable of being shifted to the wards.
- Wards - The wards comprise 88 beds which are classified into Single, Twin sharing and General wards that can accommodate 4 patients each.
Patients can avail of services of consultants in the outpatient department on the first floor for various specialties: general medicine, gastroenterology, general surgery, medical oncology, ophthalmology, otolaryngology, orthopaedics, ENT, pulmonology, cardiology, nephrology, neurology, brain and spine surgery, gynaecology and obstetrics, plastic surgery, dermatology, dental, paediatrics, paediatric physiotherapy, paediatric-haematology, paediatric neurosurgery, paediatric nephrology, rheumatology, child psychology, psychiatry, speech therapy/audiology, counseling, diet and nutrition, and developmental paediatrics.
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Surgical Services :
The two major state-of-the-art modular operating theatres are equipped to handle every kind of elective and emergency surgery. From procedures in categories as diverse as oncology, orthopaedics, neuro, urology, otolaryngology and gynaecology to sophisticated minimally invasive techniques.
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery & Trauma Service
- Gynaecology & Obstetric Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery (Surgery for Obesity)
- Urological Surgery
Support Services offered by Bethany Hospital Thane:
A wide range of services and resources, conveniently available under one roof, provide the necessary diagnostic and rehabilitative support to address any current or potential health issues. It complements all treatments and procedures offered at the hospital.
- Paediatric Physiotherapy
- Urodynamic Studies & Uroflowmetry
- Diet & Nutrition
- Computerised Stress Test
- Comprehensive Health Check-up Plans